Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sober Blog Changes

It has been a ridiculously long time since I have written anything on this blog. I am pretty ashamed of that, but my life has been incredibly full this past year. I have made a few changes to this blog, including my URL and I am fully aware that if I have any readers left, they might not find me. Hopefully I will be forgiven, but I needed to change it up a bit. There will be more changes to come, I'm sure. Instead of creating a whole new blog, I decided to just vamp this one up a bit. Some might say that's a dumb idea, but I don't think so.

So, this post is short and sweet. This is sort of a new start to my blogging. I am going to make sure to find the time to write and to write as many quality posts as I can instead of writing something just to write and get it out there. 

I know my writing style isn't for everyone. My tone and sort of dry sense of humor doesn't always translate and I sound a little bitchy, but hopefully there are people out there that still feel me and don't take everything too seriously. I am at a point in my recovery where I feel I can laugh about some of the stupid shit I did during my drinking days. You have to be able to have a sense of humor about some things or you'll just drown in your own guilt and shame over the past. However, it's not all a joke.  

My writing is a work in progress. I am not a pro; I write from the heart. Sometimes I'm all over the place. I have so much I want to write and say and so little time to do it! I love writing and I do it for me, but admittedly, like any writer, I want people to read, relate somehow and enjoy it. That is my goal. I truly want to help and/or inspire others in some way. This is my way of giving back to those still struggling, those newly sober and the old timers. I don't have life all figured out and this blog shows that there are wonderfully good things in recovery and there are going to be struggles as well. That is just life. It won't always be easy, but getting through the struggles better than before is very rewarding.

I have a new post coming shortly. Til then God bless and peace out.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete