Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend With the Kids

This weekend with my kids has been so nice. It is just as it should be. I have been incredibly stressed out and frustrated because of how certain people are trying to dictate how I run my household with my children; in fact I just wrote a whole post about it, but am debating when to publish it. I just know I can't let people control my life. They don't have any say at all. When it is my week of custody, I am in charge. That is something they need to get used to, and some people have a really hard time letting go of control. They have unhappy lives because of their need to control people, and you can't live your life trying to control or change other people to suit your needs or wants.

I really wish I could be home with the kids, taking care of them like I used to.  I miss it a lot. That would be my biggest wish, that I could be home with them and not have to leave them with anyone else. Then on the weeks when they are with their dad, I could focus on my writing, my book. That would make me truly happy.

I used to be a stay at home mom and a day-care provider. At first, I loved being home with them, I loved running my daycare business, but then I let the kids' dad come back home after a year and a half break up. I went downhill from there.

But if I could afford to stay home with them now, I would. I would love it. The difference now is, I have a man who doesn't run around and leave me alone ALL the time. Chris might make me so mad sometimes, but he is here and he at least tries to help me as much as he can. I am very blessed for that.

Maybe one day we'll be in a place where I can do what I believe I supposed to be doing. That is up to God.

The kids have had a great weekend. They don't even want to go back. I just worry about them getting in trouble at their dads or daycare for something they do at my house. It is stressful on them and on me, because my kids shouldn't have to worry about getting in trouble at the other parents house for what goes on in the other house. It is completely ridiculous! I don't get that logic. I am home with them today, but tomorrow, it's back to work and off to school. Hope it all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment