Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

It's Time

Well, tonight is my first official night of shared custody and my kids get to live with me every other week. While I am very excited, it has been pretty stressful preparing. I am not even completely ready either. I have to go to the school today and fill out bus cards, something I didn't know I had to do. I also have to make keys, get a land line installed hooked up sometime today and get a tire fixed. Oh yeah, and my house is a mess.

I am trying not to stress out too much, because this is the moment I have been waiting for for almost 2 years now. It will take a while to get in a routine. The kids are used to being able to wake up later during the week and they get dropped off at school by their dad, but with me, they have to get up at 5am and go to daycare (my oldest kids are not going to be happy about that) and walk to a school and ride the bus. I hate that I have to be to work at 6am. I wish I could just be home and take care of them like I used to, before I started drinking.

I am getting myself all stressed out. I know I need to relax. Things are going to be fine. I am happy and my kids are happy. Though, I'm not sure how happy they'll be when I start waking them up super early!

I just want to enjoy this time in my life now. I want to enjoy being with my kids and not let anyone or anything get me down.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're having a great weekend and enjoying your kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Had a wonderful weekend! The kids are having a blast. We've been waiting a long time for this. Hope your weekend was great!

      Delete
    2. I read some of your blog. I really enjoyed it. Very inspiring. I have more to read though. Keep it up!!

      Delete