Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Devil's Mistress (Ode to My Nemesis)

                             Does it make you feel good about yourself to treat me like you do?
                                     You walk around full of arrogance and entitlement. 
                                          What are you entitled to? I'd like to know.
                                                          All that belongs to me.
                                     You take and you take, without any empathy inside you.
                  You don't even try to relate to what I've been through, when you've been through it too.
                                                                       Who are you?
                                                            A thief that's what you are.
                                                      A slithering snake; the devils child.             
                                                I see you for what you are; you think I don't
                                                   You think your schemes are lost on me.
                                                          They aren't; I'm on to you.
                                                          I have been since day one.
                                             You want what's mine; but who can blame you;
                                               Beautiful things have come from this hot mess.
                                          One day the slingshot of karma will put you in your place;
                                            And you'll look in the mirror and see what is real; 
                                                  what you've tried so hard to disguise.
                                                     And maybe remorse will hit you ;
                                 maybe everything that you love will be taken by another snake,
                                                                   The devils mistress.
                                                                And maybe it'll hit you.......
                                                            it didn't have to be this way.




Please feel free to leave a comment.
Visit my Alcoholics In Recovery Facebook page!



photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/imelda/448978786/">.imelda</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photo pin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc</a>



5 comments:

  1. My dad used to have a little wise saying he would tell me. A man is climbing a mountain and he sees a tired, almost dead snake. The snake pleads to the man, "Please sir, help me up the mountain, I can't carry on any longer". The man hesitates, and than being of kind heart carries the snake with him to the top of the mountain. When they get to the top the snake bites him. As he lays there dying he asks the snake "Why" The snake replies, " I am a snake, you knew what I was before you picked me up". That story came back to me as soon as I read your post. It is a life lesson I know all to well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean and that is a story that I can relate to many times over. Sometimes being too nice can backfire in a big way. It's a hard lesson. One we all learn at some point in our lives. Good story!...Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Life is full of lessons. Just like a snake you should be watching the people around you. If they are sneaky or trying to hide behind anything then you need to be careful of these people. You do not want to be snake bit in anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I didn't mean to remove that comment. I was trying to figure something out and accidently removed it. I am sorry. I am still new at this. Forgive me.

      Delete