Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

My Struggle For Balance Between Mind and Body

I am so frustrated with this weight issue. I am miserable about the way I look now, and not just that, but the way it makes me feel physically. I feel like this body is not mine. It is not me. I struggle daily with it. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat or how much, I can not seem to lose it. Or I might lose a few pounds and shortly later, I've gained double that amount.

I don't have the patience to stay on a diet. And I crave junk food like crazy. All my blood tests say I'm healthy and there is no real real go reason other than my cravings get the best of me. I don't get enough exercise, just moderate. I am tired all the time, no matter how much I sleep. All I know is I've gotta do something. I'm not finding much balance between mind and body. And I am happy emotionally and I feel secure, except when it comes to my body. I've always had a negative body image, even when I was real thin.


My self worth was always based on my appearance. I had no self worth and I always thought I was fat. Now I am happy and I do have self worth. I feel good in every other area of my life. I want my physical appearance to reflect that. That is something I have to work on and it won't easy because eating is what I do for comfort, for fun, when I'm bored, when I'm happy, sad, stressed. It's not alcohol anymore, which hurt everyone around me, but this is hurting me. I'm not obese, but I am pretty overweight. And that is hurting me.
I don't feel completely whole because this is the one area of my life I can't seem to get control of.

I know what I need to do, it's a matter of motivation. I want to wake up in the morning thin and beautiful, without having to workout. I want the weight to come off now! It's that attitude, "I want what I want when I want it and I want it now, dammit!" That attitude is no good. I get discouraged so easily. I pray the Lord give me strength through this struggle just as did through my alcoholism. I pray for motivation to do what I need to do.

Luckily, my husband is so wonderful and thinks I am beautiful and sexy and never makes me feel otherwise. I don't doubt his attraction to me. Maybe that is why I am so happy and comfortable and have let myself get this way. I am grateful for a man who loves me no matter what. But now it's up to me.

Healthy weight loss tips.

Please feel welcome to leave comments, or your own tips.

Visit my Alcoholics In Recovery Facebook page.


"A Course in Weight Loss"
Weight To Go! Pu-erh Weight-Loss Tea, 16oz (1lb)

No comments:

Post a Comment