Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

How I Deal With Other Peoples Views, Criticism & Opinions

    Everybody has their own views and realities about things that happened in the past, whether they were drinking at the time or sober. As Dr. Phil says, there are two sides to every story; your side, my side and the truth, which falls somewhere in the middle. I am learning to accept that, as challenging as it may be.
     Not everyone has the same reality that I have and that doesn't make them right and me wrong, or visa-versa. Learning to accept other peoples views and opinions, even when you think or know they are dead wrong , clueless or insensitive, is a process. It is so easy to get sucked into the drama and the he said/she said. We're all human and we don't like other people making assumptions or talking when they really should just mind their own business, but you can't change other people. I really don't have to deal with too much drama anymore because I keep people at arms length. So when a situation pops up and someones words are like those Chinese throwing stars aimed right at me, I am able to just breath and not take offense.That's when I know I am a changed woman. I welcome positive feedback and am willing to look in the mirror. And for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment